Why is Initial Setting Time Is Important On Site?
1. Importance Of setting time In Mixing Of Cement
Setting time should be such enough that cement an be easily mixed with other constituents (aggregate,sand,admixtures) easily.
2. Importance Of setting time In Transportation of concrete
Setting time plays an important role in a situation where concrete has to be transported via transit mixers to a far site
3. Importance Of setting time In Placing Of Concrete
Setting time should be such enough to be that concrete can be placed easily without effecting its workability
In case of concreting in heavy mass structures or high rise buildings setting time plays an important role
Concrete placed should be in liquid state enough to be compacted easily by vibrators leaving no void or honeycombing.
5. Importance Of setting time In Finishing
Setting time should such enough that outer surface of structure can be given desired finishing.
6. Importance Of setting time In Removal of form work
Setting time should not be more than desired limit as removal of form-work plays an important role in rapid construction of high rise buildings
7. Importance Of setting time In Shrinkage
If initial setting time is increased then afterwards setting rate increases rapidly thus shrinkage in stricture is more which leads formation of cracks.