This Post has been made based on the rates and price of building materials in 2017
I will list all the materials needed from the foundation to finishing, including soakaway anf labor.
Items needed to Build 2 Bedroom Flat In Nigeria
1. 2,000 6 inches hollow Blocks @130/block = 260,000
2. 110 bags of cement @2750 = 302,500
3. 15 tons of granite @42,000 = 126,000
4. Sand for mortar = 35,000
5. Sand for Rendering (Plastering) = 30,000
6. 7 Trucks Of Laterites (For Filling) = 70,000
7. Rod 20lng = 36,000
8. Plank 25lgn = 30,000
9. Roofing and lab = 400,000
10. Windows sliding, and lab = 85,000
11. P V C, and lab = 85,000
12. Doors, and lab = 160,000
13. Tiles all and labour = 190,000
14. Sanitary And Labour = 115,000
15. Wiring and lab = 190,000
16. Labour for carpentry, mason, iron bending, labourer, = 390,000
17. Burglary, = 95,000
18. Soakaway, = 155,000
19. Cost Of Supervision To be determined by the contractor
Grand Total N2,754,000 + 10% miscellaneous
Please Note that as at the time of this compilation, the price of things were very high as a result of the hike in exchange rate.
Also Note that this is just an estimate as the price of items varies with location.
As a Client or a landlord to be, you’ll be saving yourself some cost if you could actually go for a market survey before embarking on the construction proper.
If You’re going to make an estimate, take a few hours to do your own market survey in order to determine the current price of materials so you do not have a deficit budget.
So This is The post on the total cost of building a standard 2 bedroom apartment In Nigeria and it was made in the year 2017.