Let’s face it; Civil Engineering can be laborious. It involves setting out in the field and doing some real-world tasks, not sitting down on your couch in the comfort of your home.
While the dominant parts can be tasking, you should automate whenever you can. It won’t be ideal to have to do construction estimating yourself when there are scores of industry-standard software for that purpose.
In this article, you’ll learn about five of the most efficient cloud-based Construction estimating software. This set of software is best in class, and they save your data to the cloud for efficient syncing between devices.
Without further ado, here are the five most efficient civil estimating software that is also cloud-based.
1. HCSS Heavybid Estimating Software
HCSS Heavybid is the best cloud-based construction estimating software available, period. It is insanely popular amongst contractors and has super-4.5 reviews across the internet.
With no less than 50,000 users, it’s safe to say HeavyBid is one of the most popular estimating software on the internet. It also has an impressive portfolio of bids that it has helped win, all listed on its website.
Pros of HCSS HeavyBid Construction Estimating software
● Industry-leading customer support. Some customers reported hands-on support from HeavyBid representatives to ensure that the initial setup is right. This procedure is unusual, at least for a software company.
● Availability of mobile apps for increased productivity. Over the years, more people are disengaging from their PCs and are now turning to tablet and mobile phones. HeavyBid has a mobile version to serve these users and a web version for other OSes.
● Automates repetitive tasks, so you don’t always have to enter past estimates, performance data, and historical costs.
Cons of HCSS HeavyBid estimating software
● Limited feature availability with the mobile app.
● The unintuitive and outdated user interface in comparison with competitors.
● Steep learning curve.
● Unnecessary character limitations for some input fields.
Oracle Aconex is another cloud-based estimating software that goes in for its competitors. In addition to estimating bids, Aconex also excels at managing construction tasks overall.
Aconex utilizes artificial intelligence to provide fast access to functions. Thanks to cloud syncing, and Aconex project can have several project managers around the globe.
Aconex is also backed by Oracle, one of the top players in the software market. This assures users that the civil estimating software isn’t going anywhere soon.
Pros of Oracle Aconex estimating software
● It is web-based; you don’t have to install any additional software on your computer to use Aconex. It follows you everywhere with an internet connection.
● It has a built-in email platform to simplify correspondence management.
● It can do much more than construction estimation, with several tools that help organizations manage information.
Cons of Oracle Aconex estimating software
● Subpar support team, in comparison to its competitors.
● Not practically usable in areas with slow internet connection as it is web-based.
● It is resource-intensive, and crashes are frequent.
● It is expensive software, although it serves multiple purposes. If you want a dedicated civil estimating software, you’re better off with an alternative.
3. Autodesk Construction Cloud
When we talk about writing software for construction, Autodesk is one of the market leaders. With its Autodesk Construction Cloud software, you don’t have to look elsewhere for cloud-based civil estimating.
While Autodesk Construction Cloud is a multipurpose software with many use cases, the Quantity Takeoff feature works well for construction estimation.
Pros of Autodesk Construction Cloud
● Supports both the imperial and metric system and switches seamlessly to help you estimate in the way you understand.
●Aggregates all your construction stuff in one place, so you don’t have to purchase different software for specific tasks.
● Gives room for efficient collaboration and information transfer between teams.
● Available for mobile for seamless work on the go.
Cons of Autodesk Construction Cloud
● It might be overwhelming if you only need software for construction estimating.
● It can be laggy even on fast computers. This flaw can severely limit productivity.
● Unavailability of a business package. Everyone in the project must purchase different copies of Autodesk Construction Cloud, which can substantially drive up costs.
4. Planswift Cloud Based Estimating Software
PlanSwift is one of those cloud-based civil estimating software that you can’t ignore. It has an enormous user base, probably the largest in the industry.
PlanSwift is so confident in its offering that it offers an industry-leading free trial on its product. You can try the software free for a couple of days, after which you’ll decide if it’s the one for your organization.
You can use PlanSwift across various fields for faster cost estimation. PlainSwift can be used for general contractor works, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and HVAC.
Pros of PlainSwift estimating software
● Industry-leading knowledgeable support.
● Helpful training videos to help you get started with using the software.
● It is compatible with Excel and Quickbooks, so you can export your data to display it in your favorite programs.
Cons of Plainswift Construction estimating software
● It is resource-intensive and can be quite a load if your computer is not fast.
● Industry-specific tools are not well polished.
Spectrum is also a cloud-based estimating software that prides itself on the seamless synchronization between multiple civil estimating software.
With Spectrum, you can always import your client’s estimates directly into your computer without any work from you. It works with almost all estimation software, including Microsoft Excel.
While Spectrum can work with many different construction fields, it is best as a civil estimating software.
Pros of Spectrum Estimating Software
● Available on virtually all platforms and also an OS-agnostic web-based version.
● Works with almost all other estimating software for effective inter-organizational work.
● The interface is customizable to suit the needs of every user. However, it is unintuitive and needs some getting used to.
Cons of Spectrum Estimating Software
●Customer support is subpar. Customer service agents are rarely helpful and generally unknowledgeable.
● Software glitches are common throughout the app.
Conclusion: 5 Most Efficient Cloud-based Construction Estimating Software
Price estimation is a crucial part of civil construction. While you can go ahead dealing with unnecessary paperwork, why not go for the smarter option?
The smarter option is using cloud-based civil estimating software. This way, you will never have to transport any documents, and you can have your files anywhere there is an internet connection.
This article has outlined five of the most efficient software for cloud optimization.