Today on guardianconstructions.com, i want to make a list of some of the most beautiful Civil Engineering structures around the world. Truth is that being a civil engineer has actually afforded me the opportunity to handle several projects that often leaves me speechless and stunned. I become speechless because there comes a special kind of beauty with everything made by a qualified civil engineer.
Civil Engineers are no doubt shapers of the world and looking around, all i see is how broken the link to other parts of the world would have been but for the skillful minds of civil engineers.
I have decided to make a list of top 20 most beautiful Civil Engineering projects around the world.
- The Hoover/Boulder Dam (1930s)
- Panama Canal (begun 1904)
- The United States Interstate Highway System
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- The Empire State Building
- The CN Tower (Toronto) and the Space Needle (Seattle)
- The Chunnel (tunnel under the English Channel)
- The Netherlands North Sea Protection System
- Launch facilities for manned space programs (they aren’t just concrete)
- Bligh Building
- Lake Point Tower
- Burj Khalifa
Now you have a list of 20 most beautiful structures erected by civil engineers around the world. You can also click on each of these to read more about them as that would help you appreciate the work of these engineers.
Civil Leads, Others follow